Wednesday, July 4, 2012

So it turns out I was dead wrong about the water level/flow up in the 'Dacks.  Many of the mountain streams up there are fed from the surrounding lakes.  The streams I scouted were no exception and were fed from either Sacandaga Lake or Lake Pleasant in Speculator, the location of our normal base camp.  I was a bit overwhelmed trying to discover potential new locations, especially since it's my first time searching specifically for trout streams in Speculator, so I unfortunately didn't get a chance to get down to business and fish for our little friends.


I did learn some invaluable information on where I should try for them next time and hopefully I'll be more prepared than I was with regard to flies next time.


We did get pretty rained out on Saturday with a few thunderstorms rolling in, but all in all, a great weekend to be out and with the family and doing some boating, kayaking, light lake fishing, playing bocce, sitting by the fire, etc.  Enjoy the pictures!


My little brother Chip loves the Reese's Puffs, what a coincidence, I do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment